Tournament Format and Rules1. Each team is allowed to bring 5 official runners (4 scorer & 1 pusher) and 2 unattached runners (per gender team).
2. Unattached runner may not substitute and/or alternate any official runner once the official roster is turned in.
3. All runners must arrive accompanied by a coach.
4. All runners must sign a waiver form and medical power of attorney.
5. All participants must be enrolled in grades 9-12. Students who have been inrolled in more than eight semesters of high school are ineligible to compete.
6. To qualify for the OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP, a school must have a full team male and female team (minimum of 4 athletes per gender)
RACE RULES 5k
1. For the 5k race, the first four finishers on a team of five will score. The fifth runner will retain his/her position and push the following runners back in the standings. A team with four runners will also be scored for this race.
2. Any team with less than four athletes will not be score for the race. However, he/she may be eligible for individual award.
3. Unattached runners will not be eligible to score or receive any individual award.
4. Ties will be broken in favor of the team with the fifth (pusher) runner who places best.
1. Result will be determines based upon the combined placing in the Boy's Team, Girl's Team, and Team Relay.2. For scoring purposes, the rankings of any team not qualified for the overall championship will be drop. 3. The tie-breaker will be the teams' placing in the relay race. In the example below, school “A” wins because of the higher ranking in the relay.
School A School B School C
Men’s Race 1 2 3
Women’s Race 3 1 2
Relay 1 2 3
Total 5 5 8
AWARDS 1. The top 15 will be given the ALL-ISLAND AWARD. 2. The top 3 Boys Team and Girls Team will receive trophies. 3. The top 3 Relay Team will receive trophies. 4. The top 3 Overall Team will recieve tropihies.